1961 TRIUMPH TR3A
1961 TRIUMPH TR3A
This TR3 was purchased in Coeur d’Alene, a city in northwest Idaho.in 1993 and was driven to Kelowna British Columbia where it as been for the last 24 years. I estimate that I have over $60K invested.
Here are some of the changes I made
- The front end was converted to a TR6 rack – with short pivot arms
- Steering box changed to Rack and Pinion (I kept the TR3 Steering wheel and the horn push assemble. It would not be a TR3 without it)
- Upgraded the standard 1 ½’ SU carbs to 1 ¾” and custom ported the head
- Bored the Engine for larger Pistons,
- Performance Camshaft
- Electronic Ignition System (no points or condenser)
- Electric Fuel pump
- GM HD alternator (negative ground)
- Custom ceramic coated headers
- Custom exhaust system
- Over size radiator
- Thermostat controlled 12” electric fan
- TR6 transmission - fully synco.
- Ford Mustang Rear end and rear brakes (The combination of the transmission and rear end enable you can drive comfortable at 60mph @ 2800 RPM in 4th and still downshift to pass that pimply faced teenage in daddy’s car) Childish I know but you should have some fun.
- Gas Shocks
- Sway bars front and back
- 195/65/15 tires on 72 spoke Dayton wheels
- Halogen head lights
- The seats are standard but the seat foams are custom for more comfort
- 12-volt outlet for external electron devices i.e. radar detector, GPS
- Pioneer FM/AM radio with 6 CD player (hidden behind glove box door and Boot). Remote included
- Power amp
- Also included:
- Spare tonneau cover
- Side curtains and brackets. (I never used them)
This vehicle is being sold as is, where is with no warranty, expressed written or implied. The seller shall not be responsible for the correct description, authenticity, genuineness, or defects herein, and makes no warranty in connection therewith. No allowance or set aside will be made because of any incorrectness, imperfection, defect or damage. Any descriptions or representations are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as a warranty of any type. It is the responsibility of the buyer to have thoroughly inspected the vehicle, and to have satisfied himself or herself as to the condition and value and purchase based upon that judgement solely. Seller assumes no responsibility for any repairs regardless of any oral statements about the vehicle.
If you are looking for a very clean car, that you can drive safely and comfortably all day this is the car for you.